uhanalainen itäsuomenkarja ja pellon kaskeamista - itäsuomalaista maalaismaisemaa (...perinteistä)
endangered eastern finncattle and kaski-field - eastern finnish farmscape.
pellon kaskeamisesta http://tonitimonen.deviantart.com/art/Eastern-Finnish-East-Karelian-ryefield-638562204
Itäsuomenkarja (aka. “kyyttö”, eng. eastern finncattle)
- Eastern Finncattle is Finland’s oldest cattle breed
- recognized as a separate breed in the 1890s.
- in 1900s, Finland tried to make strong milk-breed combinating all finnish cattles (Eastern-, Western- and Northern Finncattle) to one breed. Länsisuomenkarja (Western Finncattle) was chosen as main breed, and Eastern Finncattle bulls were disposed from semen collection centers in 1970s, and centers didn’t give farmers bulls’ frozen semen even though they asked it.
- now breed is endangered.
- big part of breed is in private ownership.
- known for their health, tenacity and longevity.